Been plugging my way through the 30 day Challenge and the training has been building up to traffic strategy
The training has been a mix of motivation, strategy, process design, daily tasks design, action steps – all good stuff.
A few quotes to set the scene
80 percent focus on power activities to drive the business forward and that is to drive quality targeted traffic into the business
The funnel contains amazing capability – all the selling is done for you
When you have enough quality people on the list you will build your dream life.
You have the right to fill your clubhouse with people you want to hang out with and be around with all the time.
Master Plan – One Free, One Paid Strategy
The Master Plan for the traffic strategy is simple. Choose one free organic strategy coupled with one main paid strategy. These need to complement each other. I like the simplicity of it all and the focus it brings
The Master Plan has 3 traffic strategy phases
- Free traffic: Find a platform (e.g, Facebook). Position yourself as giving value – help them solve their problems – get them to ask for help – offer a solution
- Quick Paid Traffic: Use Solo Ads to start the build of paid leads. Also useful to ramp up at any time when cash flow is needed
- Slow and Steady: Build using paid ads. Choose a platform and start advertising.
We also talked about defining WHO we are targeting. This is important in the organic phase because it helps identify where likely prospects might be hanging out and what they look like. It becomes a lot more important when one starts advertising – the platforms have amazing tools to target and segment their users. Without a clear picture of who we are targeting, advertising becomes too broad brush and too shot gun – returns collapse. We are looking for targeted quality prospects.
This plan is fabulous – simple, focused and not that burdensome. Why then has my week been challenging?
Defining Your WHO – My Conundrum
A few quotes from the training about defining the who
- People who are like you
- People you can relate to
- People who are in the same stage of life
- People facing the same challenges.
- People you are connected with (my addition)
I am still wrestling with this. Why then have I been struggling? Part of the reason is I have a large network of people connected to me across a number of social platforms and in my email lists. A lot of those people are not like me at all – many are former colleagues who are a lot younger than me and still working. Sitting at the back of my head also is a thought that says I could do really well by exploring this base of connections to see who could benefit from the amazing capability that the Internet Profits funnel offers.
I am a data person. I pulled together the data on what I have achieved thus far from my efforts to date. The stuff I have done is not working that well. Not enough clicks and low opt in rates tells me I have not got it right yet
- Are the channels right?
- Am I reaching the right targets?
- Is the copy appropriate for who I am reaching?
- Is the copy any good at all for what I am promoting?.
Something is not working. I have pulled it together in this “thinking aloud” video which covers some interesting tools and the way I look at data
The other part of the conundrum I am facing is I have a feeling that people who are like me are not in the least bit interested in building a new business. They are staying where they are or they are living off the fruits of what they have done. They are out playing golf or travelling or spending time with their grandchildren. I feel that I have to make up a target profile of people who I might not be able to relate to. I will keep writing ideas down and see what sticks and feels comfortable
These are the parameters of people who might be like me and the choices to make. I will keep pushing to get this defined before I start advertising.
- Age: 55 to 65 – maybe start a little lower than that
- Decide male vs female
- Decide married vs single vs divorced (I am divorced and remarried)
- Decide grandparents or parents only (I have no grandchildren – I do have 3 adult children who are now funded through university – mostly)
- Decide if employed vs early retired vs retired vs still working past retired (Hard to say what I am. I am self employed managing my investments and rebuilding an Internet Marketing business as my plan B)
Here is a different cut of people like me – EOP’s I call them – Eye On Pension people – they are a bit like me but there are some important differences on the technology plane
- Readying for retirement
- Got some cash stashed away
- Got time to dedicate most days
- Somewhat nervous about technologies or just getting into technology
- Want to remain active and to keep stimulated
So my week (ten days really) feels like a lot of wheel spinning; flip-flopping maybe.
I have laid out a broad direction to follow leveraging some of the things I have in place
First Cut Traffic Plan
- Leverage existing solo ads capability: I ran solo ads on one of the solo ad platforms I am a lifetime member of. These did produce some click traffic but only a few opt-ins who are now in the email follow up sequence. I sent out a solo ad on a friend’s platform – he has capacity that he is not using
- Start an organic outreach program on Facebook. I already have over 3,000 friends – added some posts about what I am aiming to do with my new business (I call it Plan B). Joined a few Facebook groups covering affiliate marketing and entrepreneurship and started low level interaction on topics where I can add value
- Realign Twitter strategies as an alternate organic channel. I already have over 30,000 followers (@stratocharge and @markscarrington) there in two personal profiles – one leans to affiliate marketing and the other to more general life focus stuff. This requires a realignment of the content and distribution actions I have been using
- Migrate existing email lists to the Plan B business. Need to work out how best to do that. One is an opt-in list in a related area and the other is a personal list which requires a different approach
- Align website to the new strategy – change opt in box and add some banner advertising for IP product
- Learn one other paid ads strategy – need to choose a platform for that too.
Solo Ads: Guaranteed Solo Mails offers Pro members 8 mailings a month for free with 200 unique viewers guaranteed for each mailing. It also offers range of advertising models which you can buy with cash or credits from viewing mails or ads. Easy to use and cost effective and can be started for free – just watch ads to get credits and learn to identify good copy. Sign up for free
Banner Ads: LeadsLeap works unattended to deliver ads to its members. One can build credits for free ads by reading ads or just pay for a Pro account. It works well for me and delivers a steady trickle of leads unattended. Sign up for free
Published at Wed, 21 Nov 2018 04:50:36 +0000